I must try this…
BAKED CRISPY CHICKEN NUGGETS
(with permission from Dave Ruel, aka “The Muscle Cook”
author of Anabolic Cooking - Muscle building meals that taste great
Makes 6 servings
o 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6oz. each
o ¼ cup/60ml oat bran
o ¼ cup/60ml wheat germ
o 1 tbsp/15ml coarsely ground flaxseed
o ¼ cup/60ml coarsely ground almonds
o ½ tsp/2½ml sea salt
o ½ tsp/2½ml white pepper
o Pinch garlic powder
o ½ cup/120ml water or low-sodium chicken broth
o 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with
parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a
tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece
in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the
coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has
been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the
oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1j1VPN3
Post a Comment